QUERY CRITIQUE: $45
Revise and tighten your query letter. Includes initial critique, plus two additional passes after your revisions. I will help you avoid major pitfalls and help you understand what makes a query rise to the top of the slush pile.
SYNOPSIS CRITIQUE: $90
Focus and trim your 1-5 page synopsis. Includes initial critique, plus two additional passes after your revisions. We will work to make sure all of your necessary plot points are covered and that your character's arc comes through clearly.
FIRST TEN PAGES CRITIQUE: $100
Using Word’s track changes, I will make in-document comments and edits throughout your first ten pages. I will also write a letter that offers the strengths and weaknesses of your piece. An additional pass after revisions are made is included.
QUERY READY PACKAGE: $225*
Includes query, synopsis, and first ten pages critique, plus two additional passes after your revisions. This also includes a Twitter pitch critique if you plan to pitch your story in any Twitter competitions.
FIRST FIFTY PAGES CRITIQUE: $350*
Using Word’s track changes, I will make in-document comments and edits throughout your first fifty pages. I'll also include a letter highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of the work. Includes one additional pass after your revisions. This also includes a Twitter pitch critique if you plan to pitch your story in any Twitter competitions.
PARTIAL OR FULL MANUSCRIPT CRITIQUE: CONTACT ME FOR PRICES*
Includes a 3-4 page edit letter, plus query and synopsis critique, and one 30 minute phone call to discuss revision plans. Comments will be included in track changes on Microsoft Word at a developmental level only (not a copyedit level).
*If I determine that your work is not yet ready to query, I will contact you to talk about different options.
What I bring to the table:
- I've was a mentee in the 2017 Pitch Wars competition and a mentor in the 2019 and 2021 Write Mentor competition, so I know what it's like to be on both sides of the revision process.
- I've written manuscripts for publication at various levels of publishing. My debut into traditional publishing is slated for publication this fall.
- I've been published in numerous magazines, journals, and writing competitions.
- I have taken many courses in creative writing, including one taught by Vanessa Diffenbaugh at Harvard University.
- The only thing I love more than writing is helping writers.
TWITTER PITCH CRITIQUE: $30
Comments and suggestions on up to six Twitter pitches. These can be used in #pitmad, #DVPit, #pitdark, or a number of Twitter pitching competitions. I will also help you find at least two pitch competitions that might work for your book. Includes two additional passes after your revisions.